Say a Prayer for the Soul of David Bowie - Famous Singer dead at age 69

David Robert Jones (8 January 1947 – 10 January 2016), was known as David Bowie. He was an English singer, songwriter, record producer, painter and actor. Bowie's  music was popular for over five decades. He was born and raised in south London. He began a music career in 1963. "Space Oddity" became his first top five entry on the UK Singles Chart after its release in July 1969. Bowie married Mary Angela Barnett on 19 March 1970. They had a son together, Duncan, who was born on 30 May 1971. Bowie and Angela divorced on 8 February 1980. (Picture below left)On 24 April 1992, Bowie married the Somali-American model Iman. They had one daughter, Alexandria "Lexi" Zahra Jones, born in August 2000. (Pictured above left) The couple resided in New York City and London.
In an Interview in 2005 he said, "Questioning my spiritual life has always been germane to what I was writing. Always." In an Esquire interview   "What I've Learned", he stated, "I'm in awe of the universe, but I don't necessarily believe there's an intelligence or agent behind it. I do have a passion for the visual in religious rituals, though, even though they may be completely empty and bereft of substance. The incense is powerful and provocative, whether Buddhist or Catholic."
In an Interview with Belief Net he was asked : Do you feel like your thinking about those questions has changed or deepened? I honestly believe that my initial questions haven't changed at all. There are far fewer of them these days, but they're really important. Questioning my spiritual life has always been germane to what I was writing. Always. It's because I'm not quite an atheist and it worries me. There's that little bit that holds on...
Here is a video when David Bowie prayed the Our Father; please say a prayer for his Soul....

Comments