Sponsor Angele Sweeney's Missionary work with #CCO

IMG_9433 (1200x674)

MY NAME IS ANGÈLE

Hello! I grew up in the small town of Espanola, Ontario, where my parents raised my brother and me. My immediate family still lives in Espanola as well as some extended family. The rest of my family is mostly in Ontario, with the exception of one uncle out West.
Growing up, God was always someone I could turn to when I needed help. I believed that God existed, but in my opinion, He didn’t play a large role in my life. However, while in high school I decidedly rejected God and the Catholic Church. This led me to frantically search for something to fulfil the void I had created. By the time I was in my first year of university, my life felt stressful and empty. I left the university setting to return home, feeling quite low. That summer through many conversations with a co-worker, I started pondering my life and God. When I returned to campus in September, I was searching for something that would fulfil me. That’s when I ran into some CCO missionaries and was invited to a CCO retreat. By the grace of God, I decided to attend.
During the first workshop, I realized just how huge and beautiful God’s love is. I realized that God loves the whole world, but that he loves everyone individually, that he loves ME personally. I had finally learned who God was. Saturday night, during a night of adoration I prayed that God would come into my heart completely. This was a pivotal moment for me. This was when I finally made the adult decision to enter into a relationship with the Creator of the Universe!
After making that decision, there were many areas of my life that I slowly gave to Christ. CCO’s annual Christmas conference, Rise Up was extremely significant in solidifying my relationship with Jesus. At this conference I felt the call to participate in a CCO summer mission, Impact Halifax. On this mission, I grew considerably in my faith. I like to describe it as a crash course on Catholicism, where I learned a lot of what I had ignored as a teenager.
Since Impact, God has taken me on a pretty amazing journey with both highs and lows. Now that I know Jesus personally, this doesn’t mean that my life is burden-free. However, this means that burdens are bearable, and meaningful. I’ve never been more deeply fulfilled or joyful then I am now that I’ve found Christ and the Church.

A HIGHLIGHT OF MY ROLE SO FAR

Being involved with CCO as a student has been absolutely amazing. I have had the privilege to witness God change many hearts and lives through the Discovery faith study. One particular semester, I witnessed three women give their hearts to Christ. Each of these women is now a student leader and leading her faith study participants to Christ! One of these girls served on the student executive for CCO and two of them are participating in Impact Victoria! I am so thankful that I got to see each of these women encounter the Lord.

IMPACT THAT SPECIFIC MINISTRIES HAVE HAD

The CCO annual fall retreat has impacted both my life and the lives of those around me. This retreat creates a perfect environment for participants to encounter Christ personally, whether during the Mass, during the Sacrament of Reconciliation or through Eucharistic Adoration. The lives of many of my close friends have been radically changed through the fall retreat. The fall retreat is where I first encountered the Lord: it is a powerful experience indeed.

HOW I HAVE GROWN BY BEING ON STAFF

By being on staff, I have been able to grow in my reliance on God. Committing to full-time missionary work is certainly a leap of faith, one that is not necessarily easy to take. However, God has clearly called me, and I have been able to rely more fully on Him and take this leap of faith. Since then, God has confirmed the calling, and allowed me to grow closer to Him.

ON GOING PRAYER REQUESTS

For an openness in the hearts of all those who will hear the Gospel.
To Donate to Angele Sweeney please click the following link:

Comments