AMERICA : FR. THOMAS WILLIAMS FAMOUS PRIEST APOLOGY

Thomas D. Williams
Fr. Thomas Williams, LC, PhB, ThD of the Legionaries of Christ apologized for his misconduct on Wednesday, May 15, 2012. He is a famous priest of National Catholic Registrar, Zenit News, and television appearances on NBC,CBS and Sky News. He has 14 books published.
The Legionaries has been sadly disgraced due to some immoral conduct of the deceased founder, Fr. Marcial Maciel Degollado. The order has taken serious action to reprimand these members. Let us pray for the Order of the Legionaries that has done much good despite the sinful behaviour in some members. We are all sinners in the eyes of God; all must repent and do good despite the sin in our lives. Let us also pray for all victims of abuse; for healing and a restoring of the love of God in their hearts.
His personal website has ceased to operate. He was ordered to take a year leave from public ministry. Fr. Williams is living with his parents and undergoing cancer treatments.

Fr. Williams apologized:
"A number of years ago I had a relationship with a woman and fathered her child. I am deeply sorry for this grave transgression and have tried to make amends. My superiors and I have decided it would be best for me to take a year without active public ministry to reflect on the wrong I have done and my commitments as a priest. I am truly sorry to everyone who is hurt by this revelation, and I ask for your prayers as I seek guidance on how to make up for my errors."
Regnum Christi, the lay extension of the Legionaries of Christ, released the following by Fr. Luis Garza, of the US leadership.
LETTER OF FR. GARZA
Legionaries of Christ
Regnum Christi

May 15, 2012
To all Legionaries and Regnum Christi consecrated members,
It is with sadness that I send you this note, especially at a time when we are experiencing renewed enthusiasm for our mission within the Church. The last thing I would wish is to add a fresh wound when older wounds may not have healed fully.
Nevertheless, it is my duty to inform you that Father Thomas Williams, LC, after consultation with his superiors, will undergo a period of reflection, prayer and atonement without public ministry, and has just issued the following statement:
"A number of years ago I had a relationship with a woman and fathered her child. I am deeply sorry for this grave transgression and have tried to make amends. My superiors and I have decided it would be best for me to take a year without active public ministry to reflect on the wrong I have done and my commitments as a priest. I am truly sorry to everyone who is hurt by this revelation, and I ask for your prayers as I seek guidance on how to make up for my errors."
I know that this will be shocking news to you. In the wake of all that we have been through as a Movement in the past several years, it won't surprise me if you are disappointed, angry or feel your trust shaken once again.
Father Williams has enriched the faith of so many through his teaching, public speaking and writing, and has been a spiritual guide for many in the Movement. That is what makes this failing such a painful reminder that we are all frail humans, in desperate need of God's mercy.
I hope that you will join me in praying for all those who have been affected by his actions, and for Father Williams during his time of prayer, penance and renewal of his priestly ministry.
Any further information is at the discretion of those involved. We will support them in any decision they make.
Yours in Christ,
Fr. Luis Garza, LC

FOR BREAKING NEWS AND MORE LIKE US ON FACEBOOK NOW

Comments